Translate

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Freedom

I'm finally done with it. I'm cured. 

Diseased longing poisoned my 

blood too long, so I bled and bled 

to get the very last of you out. 

The endless possibilities I carried like a hump;

severed, amputated; thoughts, desires, hopes too

discarded, lain to rest in the same heap.

Relaxed, free of pining, waiting

holding on as you pulled hard and away. 

I'm sure you will relish your own sort of freedom. 

The grip, the unrelenting expectations

were exhausting me too.

I’ve had my last vision of us reuniting like two lost souls found. 

The urgency to act, to repair our lives with one another, ceased.

I will forget you as you forgot about me long ago.

You've asked many times for me to do this 

but I didn't want to hear you. I hear you now.

No comments:

Post a Comment