Translate

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

The Thinkers

I can stay quiet, so quiet you forget
I'm there, or you wonder when
I'm going to speak again.
Of all the places I frequent
in my head is the most occupied territory.
I'm listening, assessing a room full of people;
me, being a chameleon, being average
blending, adapting... suffering.
I microwave my lunch, drink coffee
make small jokes. I can be any one
of them but not because I want to.
I'd rather be in a familiar place with
faces and eyes like my own.
A place where laughter is silent but
of course we are all laughing.
It's not strange but unique.
Not isolated but reserved, for us,
those who've stopped living in a world
of dim lights and ordinary voices
but who've happily stumbled upon
a brand new world of thinkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment