Translate

Monday, May 15, 2017

Possibililty

I'm not sure if I want to feel this way
with all it can mean
and how it can change a life.
The volley of friendship ascending
like the impetus to a crescendo.
It's safe and calm before vulnerability
then roused with possibility. 
I'm eager to jump 
but if I keep looking down
I never will.
I question if the landing will be swift 
smooth, a glide into unexplored depths
or a crash, so harsh, breaks the fall
arrests momentum
and everything from possibly being. 
I don't know if I want to feel this way.
The gradual pull is curious 
so I allow myself to be pulled
slowly, holding on at every step.
I implore possibility, tempt fate
beckon reverie as I ponder
if this will be the moment
the beginning of my eternity
when I plunge into a body of water 
fathomless, devouring
let it swallow me whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment