Translate

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Musings of a Hotel Guest

It's just a room like any other
with towels shaped like elephants,
mini fridge and adequately stocked 
tiny bottles of toiletries, but I bring 
my own. Along with enough 
personal primping products to 
set up a salon in my room; I'm a 
small slave to creature comforts. 

My roommate's bed is empty 
tonight and I'm laughing at the 
irony. BF is in Israel and wouldn't
make it in time to spend the night.
We actually both laughed at that.
TV guide blue screen is a place-
holder while making a decision,
or perhaps it will be only the hum
of the AC and the screen for 
this evening's entertainment. 

Not sure I want hibachi, saying
"Thanks, I'll think about it. Got the 
room to myself." And she shook 
her head, knowing the luxury in that. 
The teenager's back home holding 
down the fort, and I'm thinking
she'll be wanting a raise soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment