Translate

Friday, September 29, 2017

Old Vine Zin & Looming Questions

I don't mind just the sound of a 
fan oscillating across my bedroom,
or the windows pulling in a soft 
whoosh of cars nearby on the interstate.
I don't mind that it's Friday night
and I've drank three-quarters of 
the old vine zin without having 
shared it with anyone.

I don't mind, I guess, how clueless
I am beyond our cute dinners and 
steamy hours in bed. But then, maybe 
I do mind, if that's the peek of our 
crescendo, the high note falling flat.

I do mind feeling weird if I raise
the question, that looming question, 
and then waiting for something more 
than "What's the rush? Chillax."

I'm as chill as one gets, immobile often-
times, but shouldn't I want to know, pry, 
look inside his man-skull and find the 
tiniest sliver suggesting I'm more than 
just an ego stroke to his way with sexual 
prowess, his proven manly ability to 
cause a woman to moan and squirm 
in a way that keeps him fully content.

I mean, who am I to him anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment