Translate

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Nostalgia

Choosing a man like 
deciding on a combo meal.
How did we get to this place
where people with no physical
or spacial knowing of another 
are comfortable enough to say 
cock and balls in black and white.
The texts come any old time, with 
questions on how I like my sex. 
How I like my sex?
God, I miss flirting across the bar. 
Long, smoldering glances, and 
then he walks over, he's near, 
next to me, my heart thumps
like wild gallops. I'm lit up inside. 
He's adorable, perfect, just as he 
was a few moments ago, only 
up close his musky, masculine 
scent is intoxicating, and I about 
die when he gently moves strands 
of my hair to talk into my ear. 
Then he hands me a paper 
napkin rose and I fall into a thousand 
tiny hearts and butterflies. This is it. 
The dance.Two bodies, suddenly 
together, moving in step, maybe in love.
Not clumsy, rude texts, precursors
to an awkward, arranged, and safe 
coffee meet. How unimaginative, 
unromantic. (CUE NOSTALGIA)

No comments:

Post a Comment