Translate

Saturday, January 21, 2017

A Testimony of Shadows



I've been awake for years now
but the dream still floats above my head;
the story so lucid, as crystalline waters gather near flaxen sands. 
Clear like that, and as true as a heart loves a child. 

Can dreams be memories triggered by the world, 
its encounters, its faces? 

I walked through a dense fog for a fraction of my life 
arms outstretched before me to navigate. 
I'd bump and stumble, get lost, cry. 
The fog, the sleep, so deep, I couldn't be heard. 

But like falling from a rooftop
about to collide with a hard darkness
the world thankfully jarred me awake  
to exist amongst truth and light, but
still cognizant the dream no less real. 

Shadowy corners wish to be indistinct, mysterious.
Any desire of mine to uncloak their hidden secrets
is guardedleft still as cryptic as ever. 

I still see the spectral edges living in plain sight 
but I can't give them a second glance - anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment