Translate

Saturday, January 28, 2017

Never

I never knew how long that would be 
when he says I will love you forever.
Could that be as long as him saying he will never love me,
in which case, he wouldn't say it, but I'd know.
Forever and never, two equidistant infinities
determining fate, life, events, love.
Is never an accurate measure though?
If maybe by our each and every life's end 
we assess what did not come to pass
to credit as never; by then it will be proven true.
So then, how on earth can I say, or honestly believe
that I will never be loved by him 
when there is much more time to measure? 
Yes, I know, the clock is ticking. 
Time is counting down every day to never. 
But even with it transpiring at this pace, in this vain, 
I can't truthfully say he will never love me. 
There is still time for it to become forever 
before my never clock runs out.

No comments:

Post a Comment