Translate

Monday, January 30, 2017

Marriage

Over the fence I can't help but notice how green your grass is
especially during this jubilant season of Spring.

I've always wanted green grass like that but commitment was never my strong suit.
And I know when it's that green, it's so delicate on the fingertips

and sinfully soft between the toes.
Just knowing it's there is a comfort, like a friend who shares with you


the sunrise after a night sky full of stars.
It's true, my grass is not nearly as verdant as yours

as I could never invest such time and care as you have
and for that you deserve the greenest grass in the land.

And I thank you for that, as I continue to admire it from over here
where solace exists in knowing that the grass is greener elsewhere.



No comments:

Post a Comment