Translate

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Cervical Certainty

I wonder how long it will continue
to balance my head, keep it upright
not collapse under its degenerative existence. 
I wake to snap, crackle and hopefully pop. 
The pop is key some days. Snap the 
description of relief, pressure abated 
until stiffening resumes. Crackle is 
like that oral sensation from Pop Rocks;
how my tongue loved a good firecracker!
A veteran to a slow demise, I elongate 
my entire self on a sturdy mat and hope for the best. 
Holistic remedies may sustain the longest without
gastrointestinal invasions along the way. 
Sometimes electrical currents flow along a tangle
of nerves, reaching even places not to blame. 
The temples, the eyes: innocent bystanders 
swept up in the crime, guilty by close association. 
What I do know is that there will only ever be 
varying degrees of toleration; good days, bad days, 
and sometimes good months, bad months. 
I'm at the mercy of Mother Nature 
but she is just doing her job
Perhaps her works will better suit me southerly
Currently in what I call a "bad month," 
I ponder this more and more.


No comments:

Post a Comment