Translate

Sunday, August 13, 2017

And the Lack of Farsightedness

The preacher said it's more
than just waiting.
It's knowing it will come.
Like ordering a package 
that takes a longer route 
or is delayed by the holidays.
Still, you know it's coming
it's on the way. 
So I want to thank Him 
in advance for whichever 
delivery method He chooses
and to say I know timing 
is always going to be off
and for reasons I don't know
but I want to thank Him
for knowing for me.
I am resigned in heart and soul 
that I am not alone 
not left to figure it all out
or to need a farsightedness
of all that is possible.
It's not always easy 
to lay down just when you 
want to run in every direction
searching for the answer
the place, the person
fit it all into a timetable
I have no control over,
and once I know that
waiting is less painful
more certain
but because I'm human
When? still looms in my mind
like a flashing neon sign.


No comments:

Post a Comment