Translate

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Broken

I wish I could put together
an assemblage of words
that would clearly say what
my heart is feeling today.
But my heart is in a state of 
confusion, and transition
to it being just the organ
pumping blood through my body
keeping me alive, as alive
as I'm going to feel after
love walked out the door,
literally and swiftly abandoning 
me at that moment I was 
most vulnerable, showing 
deeper layers of myself 
expressing real needs 
and without so much as 
a shrug, and to ask
"So, how do we fix you?"
Fix me? 
Can I be any closer to myself?
Can I look into my own eyes 
to reveal his true love?
Can I whisper sweet words 
in my own ear?
Can I press myself against the 
wall and kiss me like I was 
the only air left to breathe?
How can I fix these things 
when the broken pieces 
are what walked out the door?

No comments:

Post a Comment