Translate

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Human Condition

It's so different now.
The games are hard
and the price is high.
I'm lost in the dust 
like an aimless passerby.
I can't predict 
where the truth will appear
but I've waited for you
year after year.
I believed in forever 
from the day that we met
I know that you felt it
but no permanence just yet.
I meant it, those words
that I laid on your lips
In the quiet of our embrace
when I tasted your kiss.
I miss you in the dark 
when I imagine your face
I can never sleep soundly
not knowing our place.
My words have lost you
you've forgotten my eyes
how they searched for your soul
wished it to stop my cries.
How can I tell you 
what you mean to me
when you won't even look 
at all we could be.
We all live with pain
our human condition 
that we may ease in each other
it's all I've been wishing.
Don't turn away forever
move cautiously as you leave
as I have not left your side 
but slowly, I do bleed. 










No comments:

Post a Comment