Translate

Sunday, October 22, 2017

The In-Between

I’m an end of the spectrum hopper
at one extreme or the other
wishing I could slide myself over
to the middle, find comfort in 
a happy medium, a less drastic 
direction one way or the other.
But no, for me, I get the all or nothing, 
desire to consume me now, hold
me till I can’t breathe, try so hard 
with an outpouring of over-the-top
sweetness that my teeth begin to hurt.
Or it’s let’s be friends with benefits,
take it really slow, and I hear again, 
what’s the rush? So I’m dangling 
once again on said spectrum end
waiting for the magical words
that we are now moving into the 
middle, the long sought after in-
between I’ve been hoping for,
but what you must know is I only
ever bounce from end to end, as
drastic as us distinguishing from 
the left and the right nowadays, 
which has become a part of the 
demise of reaching the in-between. 
The current political climate has 
severely torn us into supporters 
of the current regime or haters, 
finding a middle next to impossible.
So what’s a girl to do when it’s sex 
and friendship only, or desperation 
with sappy, disingenuous motives 
to ultimately have some void filled,
one they can’t or don’t want to cope
with anymore, leading me to believe 
that perhaps what they should be 
seeking is a mommy instead.  

No comments:

Post a Comment