Translate

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Trapped

I feel helpless
trapped
like my days
as a child
when she would 
hurt me so bad
I’d wish to be dead 
or run away,
far away
and to where 
never mattered,
as long as I was 
free
from her scary teeth
in my face
when she screamed
at me,
or when I looked
up from the floor
beaten, lost, 
trapped in that hell.
I never thought 
after surviving all that
living with the truth 
of me, being
an abused child, 
would I ever again
be victimized so bad
by someone smaller
younger, one I’ve 
spent the past 
15 years 
caring for.
Never did I see
the same meanness
coming,
all the while
her forgetting
all the days
of all the years 
I sacrificed
for her better life.
I’ll never understand 
how the more I give
the meaner she can be.
I never thought I’d 
once again 
feel trapped like this.








No comments:

Post a Comment